Speed Bumps Please!

Here you can find anecdotes and anxieties of life around town.
Forum rules
Post your observations of life around town.

To review the "Terms of Use" which you agreed to, go to: ucp.php?mode=terms

Speed Bumps Please!

Postby Popeye123 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:54 am

I know cops can not be present at all times on West Pleasant Ave., but cars are driving faster and faster through our town. During the winter months it may be impractical, but speed bumps would be one way of slowing down cars on West Pleasant Ave. Speed bumps can be seasonal and removable. Right before every crosswalk (except at Maywood Ave.) they should be placed so drivers HAVE TO slow down as they approach. I have seen too many cars accelerate near crosswalks when they see pedestrians getting ready to cross. This is not a good time for a race! Cars generally drive too fast through town. Does anyone think speed bumps would be a bad idea?
Popeye123

Re: Speed Bumps Please!

Postby taxt2deth » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:32 am

get real here.speed bumps or speed humps whatever theyre called will only protect everyone. theres no special interest group like a bike manufacturrer or an ex-wanna-be councilman who wants speed bumps.
taxt2deth

Postby standardsix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:49 am

I agree. Speed bumps would be a very good idea. Like bollards, they will need the people's support since nobody will get rich from them. Maybe we could put that hot box to use though.

By the way, this topic should go in borough banter (if that's the name), rather than suggestions, which is probably intended for improving the forum. No big deal, but it makes it easier for people to find what you have to say.

Have a great day.
standardsix

Postby akylos » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:38 pm

yes speed Bumps would be great! I do not drive so I walk everywhere,I can't tell you how many times I have almost been hit by a car speeding in town. I always cross at the crosswalk. drivers just don't care. my biggest pet pive is when a driver is speeding down pleasant Ave and they are on the cell phone. I get so mad I feel like doing something stupid (I won't of course) like keep walking in the crosswalk and dare them to hit me.( which of course is stupid because they probably will). something has to be done about this. we need more police presences in town.
akylos

Return to Borough Banter