WTF? Conflict of Interest?

Here you can find anecdotes and anxieties of life around town.
Forum rules
Post your observations of life around town.

To review the "Terms of Use" which you agreed to, go to: ucp.php?mode=terms

WTF? Conflict of Interest?

Postby taxt2deth » Fri May 06, 2011 6:31 am

Just opened my community section of the Bergen Record and saw an add in it for MAZZER PLUMBING. Is this anyhow connected with the boro building inspector? I though i read some where that the same chit was pulled in Bergenfield or some other town. If this is a family bisness then there is a conflict if he is involved. WTF? Thiose freaking Dems do it again!
taxt2deth

Re: WTF? Conflict of Interest?

Postby Mr. Mxyzptlk » Sat May 07, 2011 9:17 am

Interesting. I have also heard that this political boost from a part time employee to a full time employee with benefits will soon be given "tenure". Then we will never be able to get rid of him!

Way to go Council!

The guy is an absolute joke. Just look at how efficiently he's enforcing the borough sign ordinance. The town should lose its designation as "Tree City" and be renamed "Sign City". Or "Garage Sale City".

And should he really be performing inspections of the work other borough employees are doing on their homes? I would think not!
Mr. Mxyzptlk

Postby lgolf » Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 am

it's called a Richards/Eustace deal. Mayor's son gets a job and BA's pal gets one too. I'm surprised they haven't given Luna himself a position (or maybe he has a no-show). This town will never get out from under with all the favors and paybacks.
lgolf

Postby taxt2deth » Fri May 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Get rid of the freakin Dems. That will solve the problem. Who ever herd of a tenured town job anyways? Fire his ass now before its to late and give the administraters job to the town clerk she knows more for sure. Taxes keep going up and dems don't do anything but spend spend spend.
taxt2deth

Return to Borough Banter