Non-abandonment of Businesses

What would YOU do if you were in charge?
Forum rules
Here's your chance to tell how you would do things differently!

To review the "Terms of Use" which you agreed to, go to: ucp.php?mode=terms

Non-abandonment of Businesses

Postby anothervote » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:50 am

"If I were Mayor..."
I would certainly NOT abandon the remaining businesses that are based in Maywood, particularly those on Pleasant Ave.

A thriving business district increases property values which in turn entices potential buyers. A thriving business district supports the community through fees, licenses, and sponsorships. And a thriving business district is ultimately good for all.

Why then is the snow not removed from Pleasant Avenue? Why then are there still, after THREE DAYS, Emergency No-Parking Signs posted along certain side streets? Why then are there fewer parking spaces available for patrons of surviving businesses? And why then are there still 14 foot snow mounds at some of the turn-arounds?

IF I WERE MAYOR I WOULD TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!..... MAYWOOD BUSINESS!
anothervote

Re: Non-abandonment of Businesses

Postby taxt2deth » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 am

Why do we pay more taxes than Hasbrouck Heights and WoodRidge yet they can affored to remove all the snow curb to curb from their business district?
taxt2deth

Postby citizen1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:09 pm

I agree.. uptown is a mess. Was going to go into a store today; could not find a spot and wound up going to Essex Street in Hackensack. :cry:
citizen1

Postby Mr. Mxyzptlk » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:08 am

If what I've read is correct, councilman Jack Savage is now the DPW liason. Does this now put the ball in his court, so to speak?
Mr. Savage is usually quite diligent regarding borough issues, but where has he been on this one?
If he is not in charge of the DPW I apologize.
Mr. Mxyzptlk

Postby MaywoodBiz » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:41 pm

C'mon guys (or gals) give the Mayor a break!

If Pleasant Ave was as clean as it should be you'd ll be complaining it was due to His Honor's office being located there!
MaywoodBiz
Site Admin

no business like snow business

Postby standardsix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Good point, MBiz, though I can't count the number of times I've kept driving because there was no convenient place to park. Lost business is lost business.
standardsix

Return to If I were Mayor...