I'd worry less about lining my own pockets and...

What would YOU do if you were in charge?
Forum rules
Here's your chance to tell how you would do things differently!

To review the "Terms of Use" which you agreed to, go to: ucp.php?mode=terms

I'd worry less about lining my own pockets and...

Postby maybewood448 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:25 am

I'd worry more about fixing what's broken in Maywood. And there's a lot broken. Maywood has too many people on the payroll making too much money. We have too many toys in the DPW garages that cost us too much money. And all that equals is higher taxes for the rest of us lesser folk. And it wouldn't be so bad if good service came with that high sticker price. But it doesn't. We get less and pay more. Maywood has been in a downward spiral and we need to put on the breaks.

One thing that hasn't helped is that Mayor Timmy "Dolla Dolla Bill Y'all" has had his sights set on bigger things ever since he got the job. Remember his half-assed attempt at county freeholder and now with this assembly run. In the meantime he's been more or less an absentee Mayor. BA Richards does all the heavy lifting for him and for most of the other lightweights on the council. That's a scary thought because Richards isn't exactly equipped for the job.

Maywood needs to head in an entirely different direction, a total about face. To quote Jack Nicholson's Joker, "This town needs an enema!"

maybewood448

Return to If I were Mayor...